Health

Problem or opportunity? We only see and measure 4% of our reality

Problem or opportunity? We only see and measure 4% of our reality

Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Share on LinkedIn
Pin to Pinterest
Share on StumbleUpon
+

This physicist does not dream about having a new law about the workings of the universe named after him. Nor about that ultimate equation that will solve the mysteries of humankind. He doesn’t even think that such a law or equation exists. Still, his work could have a deeper impact on the way we live our lives than anything that came before him.

Here’s the problem: The proud discoveries of Western science over the past 400 years—starting with René Descartes and Isaac Newton—deal with only 4 percent of our reality. Yes, according to the latest calculations, only 4 percent of the universe’s mass-energy is occupied by atomic matter and electromagnetic energy. That is, by stuff we can see and/or measure. That leaves 96 percent, vaguely described as “dark matter,” that we don’t understand and cannot explain. However, is it realistic to assume that that 96 percent has no influence on […]

You Might Also Like